- fresh beetroot
- 1/2 avocado
- few vine ripe baby tomatoes
- your favourite sprouts! (I used a mix from local markets in this salad :) !)
- favourite leaves (I like to mix between kale, beet leaves, spinach, rocket etc)
- mungbean sprouts
- fresh coriander leaves
- fresh mint leaves
- seed mix of pumpkin, sunflower seeds and pine nuts
- hemp seeds
- coconut oil
- 1/4 fresh lemon
- flax seed oil
- himalayan salt to season
- Toss mushrooms and chopped beetroot in coconut oil and salt. Bake at 180 till ready.
- toss other salad ingredients together then add mushies and beets.
- sprinkle over seeds and dress with a small amount of unheated flax oil and fresh lemon juice and salt.
Whats good about this recipe:
beetroot is a liver cleanser and detoxifier which will help keep your skin clear and radiating, mushrooms are full of pholate (very good for vegetarians!!), avo is full of good fats which keep you full, slim and satisfied, vine ripened tomatoes are full of vit C and lycopene which makes your ticker happy, the green leaves keep your “movements” moving and are full of antioxidants and vital minerals, sprouts are live foods which increase your energy in a stable manner and are packed with it nourishment, protein and essential fatty acids, the coriander is excellent for wind and digestion, ditto for the mint which has the added benefit of headache reduction and a calming effect on your intestinal tract, the mixed seeds provide extra proteins and good oils, the flax oil is amazing for digestion and keeping your skin soft and smooth (its a serious super food) and the lemon will cleanse, purify and add an extra vit C boost for the winter months! The himalayan salt will actually aid your body in absorbing water efficiently as well as tasting yummy! and you only need to type coconut oil into google for all its incredible benefits as an oil that doesnt become rancid when heated :)